This is so easy it is almost lazy!
Elle’s Garlicky Bread
Serves 4 (or one greedy Elle!)
French Stick or Bagette
1 stick of garlic butter, softened
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 tablespoon of freeze dried parsley (I know you shouldn’t really use dried parsley, but I really can’t be fussed to buy a whole bunch of fresh parsley just to use 1 tablespoon – it is such a waste!)
1) Slice the bread into sections, but not so it goes right through the bread. (I will put photos up when I get a camera sorted!)
2) Mix the garlic, parsley, butter and little salt (but I personally wouldn’t bother with the salt), in a small shallow dish.
3) Literally ‘paint’ each cut side of the bread, with a thick coating of the butter mix.
4) Cover the bread with foil.
5) You can either freeze the bread at this point to use at a later date or, bake the bread in the oven for about 15 mins on gas mark 5
Note: if you freeze the bread, you will either need to defrost it for an hour or so before baking, or bake the bread straight from the freezer for at least 30 mins. But be careful and ensure that the bread is piping hot before serving.
This bread is a great freezer standby if you need to serve a snack in a hurry. Also goes great with my Super Supper Soup recipe. I am lazy but if you want you can get some ordinary butter and add 4 cloves of garlic and mix. If you want to, you can use less garlic and more herbs. If you are using brought garlic butter, I would not use added salt, as it may already contain a fair bit of salt already. (I tend not to use much salt as a rule anyway) Enjoy!