Ok, how on earth can it be Lent already? I am sure it was Christmas last week. This year is going way too fast. These are called Ash Wednesday Pancakes, because – well to be honest Shove Tuesday kinda passed me by a bit…(Ok I forgot!)
2 large eggs
1 heaped cup of plain flour
2 tablespoons of spiced sugar (see previous recipe)
4 tablespoons of double cream
1 cup of semi-skimmed milk
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1. Whisk the eggs in a large jug until fluffy
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until you have a smooth thick batter
3. Leave to rest in the fridge for at least 10 minutes, or until required. You can leave this overnight if you wish
4. Heat a griddle pan and then spoon a small ladle full of the batter onto the pan and cook until golden brown.
5. Turn the pancake onto the other side and cook until that side is golden brown
6. Keep making the pancakes until all the mixture is used up.
7. Serve with a little more sugar sprinkled on top and fresh fruit.
If you made too much pancake mix on Pancake day, you could leave the batter over night in the fridge and cook a fresh batch for brunch the next day. You could also serve with chocolate spread, jam, honey or marmalade. How about a fresh fruit salad? Hope you will enjoy 🙂