Well I have finished – it may not be a work of art, but I think it looks pretty ok! I have improved my stocking stitch, learnt a new knitting stitch, used up some old wool that I had for ages, and have a new excluder to boot. No more draughts and hopefully I can turn down the heating a degree ot 2, so making savings on my heating bills.
I used an old bath towel as the inner for the excluder. And I intend to embellish the excluder with … ah well you will just have to watch this space! I shall reveal all next month! The thing is, by praticising my knitting I have undoubtedly saved money and recycled materials which would have added to the land fill. It also means that I can knit more than just another boring old scarf!
- Draught excluder project. (busyellebee.wordpress.com)
- Draught excluder – part 1 completed. Now for part 2! (busyellebee.wordpress.com)
- Draught excluder, the story continues… (busyellebee.wordpress.com)