Well I have a rather dubiously long list of plants I would like to grow. To add to my to-do list:
- Check all garden tools are in a good state of repair
- Accurately measure the garden, identify all the unknown plants and shrubs, check soil type and ph
- Work out possible problem areas – ie too shady areas, and find solutions
- Research hard building materials (ie paving slabs, sleepers, bricks, pots etc)
- Research planting mediums, compost making, wormeries, etc
- Research alternatives to common garden chemicals
- Research garden sheds and furniture
- Research possible legal issues (ie right to light)
- Draw a garden plan and budget
- Start planting!
As I go along, this list will change; edited, increased, redone etc. But as the saying goes, if you dont plan, you plan to fail.
It’s going to be an interesting adverture!