This is one of those gourmet oils which costs a fortune in the shops, yet is so easy to make for yourself. Any extra can be bottled, decorated with a ribbon and given away as gifts.
250ml of good quality olive oil
2 large cloves of garlic
4 sprigs of rosemary
- Decant the oil into a clean and sterilised glass jar or bottle.
- Roughly chop or mince the garlic and add to the oil.
- Add the rosemary springs to the oil and garlic, then tightly close the lid.
- Leave the jar or bottle of oil in a cool, dark place for no more than 10 days. Give the container a good shake at least every other day, to ensure the herb favours blend in with the oil.
- After a few days (remember, no more than 10), strain the oil into a clean, sterilised glass bottle. Discard the garlic and rosemary.
Use the oil for recipes that call for olive oil. Especially good with pork and ham dishes.
- Take 3 ingredients: Herbed toast (busyellebee.wordpress.com)