Here is Dean Edwards‘ recipe for an amazing looking cherry pie. Hope you will try it out 😀
1 pack shop bought short crust pastry (you will need around 2/3rds – or click here my recipe for short crust pastry)
3 tsp cherry jam/conserve, warmed
250g cherries, pitted and halved
125g unsalted butter, softened
125g caster sugar
2 large eggs
125g ground almonds
20g plain flour
3 tbsp amaretto
50g flaked almonds
1 tbsp icing sugar for dusting
Clotted cream, for serving
1. Roll the pastry out until 1/2 cm thick and line a 23cm loose-bottomed tart tin and do not trim the excess. Prick the base with a fork cover with foil and pour in some ceramic baking beans and blind bake for 15 minutes.
2. Remove the foil and beans then return to the oven for 5 minutes until crisp, remove from the oven, cool and using a knife trim off the excess pastry.
3. Cream the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy and crack in the eggs one at a time, beating as you go. Sift in the almonds and flour then fold in until fully incorporated. Add the amaretto liquor and mix. Keep in the fridge until needed.
4. Using a pastry brush, paint the warmed jam onto the base, Spread the frangipane mixture into the pastry case, top with the halved cherries and flaked almonds then return to the oven and cook for a further 25-30 minutes.
5. Dust with the icing sugar, cut into slices and then serve with some clotted cream.
For more pictures of this recipe, please visit BEB Extra
- Elle’s Frangipane recipe (busyellebee.wordpress.com)
- Wild cherry pie recipe (telegraph.co.uk)
- Red fruit pavlova recipe (telegraph.co.uk)
- ♥ Blueberry, Raspberry and Strawberry Cobbler (justaddattitude.com)