I came across this recipe from one of Lorraine Pascals tweets. Thought it would be rude not to try it out 🙂
- 500g strong plain flour
- 7g fast action dried yeast
- 1tsp salt
- 350ml warm water
- handful of toasted pecans
- squidge of honey
- Mix all the ingredients except the honey in a bowl, then knead for 10 mins by hand.
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6
- Shape the dough into a nice shape and allow to prove for 40 mins, until doubled in size.
- Bake in the oven for 40 mins, take out 5 mins before ready and brush with honey.
Then as Lorraine instructs – scoff!
*Lorraine Pascal, via twitter – 29th October 2011