I made this bread 3 days ago. It’s very quick to make and good as a tea time snack with a slice of cheese and an apple. Lovely with a leafy salad too. It was delicious, and was polished off very quickly.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4 (180°C).
- In a small frying pan, dry roast the pine nuts until they turn golden brown. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the oil, milk and pesto.
- Add the flour, cheese and pine nuts. Season with pepper at this point if you wish. Both Gruyère cheese and pesto tends to have a high salt content, so don’t add any more.
- Pour the batter into a greased and lined loaf tin and bake for 45-50 mins. You can test with a skewer, if it comes out clean, then the bread is done.