1 knob of butter
1/2 tablespoon of truffle oil (optional)
4 large eggs, beaten
2 spring onions, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon of tarragon, finely chopped
1 tablespoon of chives, chopped
1 heaped tablespoon of cream cheese
2 heaped tablespoons of creme fraiche
1/4 cup of milk
2 slices of smoked salmon, cut into strips
Freshly cracked black pepper
Flat leaf parsley, to garnish
- Add the tarragon, chives, cream cheese, crème fraîche and milk to the eggs and combine, making sure there are no lumps. Set aside.
- In a non stick sauce or frying pan, add the butter and heat until melted. Add the truffle oil and heat for about 30 seconds on a medium heat.
- Add the eggs to the sauce pan and cook, stirring occasionally until they begin to scramble.
- Add the salmon strips and heat for about 30 more seconds.
- Remove from the heat and place onto a serving dish.
- Sprinkle the cracked black pepper on top and garnish with some flat leafed parsley. Serve immediately.
Great as a special breakfast dish, with toast and a big cup of tea.
- Elle’s Cheese Pesto Bread (busyellebee.wordpress.com)