This is an easy soup to make, but very filling and tasty.
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large parsnip, chopped
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp rosemary and garlic flavoured olive oil
- 2 litres vegetable stock
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp single cream (optional)
- In a large saucepan, add the apple and veg with the oil and give the ingredients a good stir.
- Cook the apple and veg mix over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes, until they start to go soft. Season with black pepper, dried oregano and paprika.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and then lower the heat allowing to simmer for 30-35 minutes.
- If you wish, you can blitz the soup in a food processor until all the ingredients are well combined and smooth in texture.
Serve in warmed soup bowls, topped with a drizzle of single cream if using, and some warmed bread.
For a change you can replace the veggie stock with chicken or lamb stock. You can add chopped meat or other vegetables such as swede, turnips and leeks.