Well the health drive has started, and Christmas is well and truly over. Thankfully the weather is a little better, so I can enjoy the odd walkabout.
- Half a large celeriac
- 1 large parsnip
- 1 large baking potato
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp good olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Peel the vegetables and chop into small cubes.
- In a large saucepan of boiling water, add the veg and boil for about 20 minutes until soft.
- Drain the water away and mash the vegetable until smooth.
- Add the milk, olive oil and spring onions and stir until well combined.
- Season to taste and serve.
Great with chicken and turkey dishes (if it’s not too early to face turkey that is!). Makes a refreshing change to ordinary mash potatoes, and because you don’t use loads of butter and cream, it is a little bit healthier too. 🙂
- Elle’s Quick Winter Vegetable Soup (busyellebee.wordpress.com)
- Elle’s Shepherds Pie (busyellebee.wordpress.com)
- Elle’s Luxury Mincemeat Mix (busyellebee.wordpress.com)