I’m still making use of my homemade butter. Here is a quick little lemon dish, with a little surprise ;). It is supposed to serve 4 – not in my house it won’t! LOL 🙂
- 50 g butter
- 100 g golden caster sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs, separated
- 25 g plain flour
- 275 ml milk
- icing sugar, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4.
- Grease a medium sized pie dish.
- With a food mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light in colour and fluffy in texture.
- Add the zest to the butter and sugar, and then the egg yolks one at a time.
- Sieve the flour and add a little at a time, alternating with the milk. Add the lemon juice. This will curdle the batter, but that is OK.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until they are stiff. Fold the whites into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased dish and bake for 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly, and then dust the top of the pudding with icing sugar.
The pudding will have a delicious light sponge on the top, with an equally delicious thick and creamy lemony sauce on the bottom. I will be trying this recipe with orange next, and it if turns out as well as I hope, you shall be seeing the results shortly 🙂