- 125 g wholemeal flour
- 100 g white spelt flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 200 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp runny honey
- 1 large courgette, grated
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 75 g of mixed pumpkin, linseed and sesame seeds
- 25 g rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tray with muffin paper cases.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, oil, honey and then stir in the courgette and carrot.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently fold together. Be careful not to overmix, you just need to make sure everything is just mixed.
- Fill the cases 2/3rds up with the batter.
- Sprinkle the seed mix and oats over the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Test with a skewer – if it comes out clean then the muffins are cooked. If not bake for another 5 minutes or so.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool down in the tray for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn out the muffins onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
Try serving these muffins with some thick natural yogurt and a drizzle of honey.
You can also serve these muffins as a mid-day snack with tea or coffee, an apple and some cheese.