I like homemade coleslaw, but every now and again I like to change things up a little. Called Wimbledon Slaw, because the colour of the ingredients were mostly green or purple, the same colours used by the All England Lawn Tennis Association, Wimbledon.
- Half a red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small or 1/2 a large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 handful of pumpkin seeds
- 2-3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Place all the ingredients, save for the seeds and pepper, in a large bowl.
- Mix well until the mayo has coated all the ingredients.
- Season with pepper, then sprinkle the seeds on top.
That’s it! A lovely salad which can be enjoyed on it’s own or as a side. I added the pumpkin seeds for extra crunch and colour, but they can be easily substituted for other seeds or nuts.