I know. Broccoli. That favourite vegetable of the masses … NOT!
But it is good for you, and you know very well you should eat more of it. However, no one said you had to keep it as a side vegetable, and like most things in the fridge, often tastes much better when you add cream and cheese to it. 🙂
- 1 large, baked shortcrust pastry case (either shop brought for ease or homemade)
- 3 large spring onions, chopped
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 100g feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 heaped tbsp Philadelphia cream cheese
- 100ml double cream
- 25ml milk
- a good pinch celery salt
- a good pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- handful of broccoli, washed and trimmed
- Preheat the oven Gas Mark 4.
- Place the baked pastry case on a baking tray. If the case is home made, keep it in the pan, and place the pan on the baking tray. This should help prevent any spillage.
- To the beaten eggs add the cream and beat with a fork for about 1 minute.
- Add the onions, milk and the cheeses to the egg mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Add the seasonings to the egg mixture and then pour the mixture into the pastry case.
- Arrange the broccoli in a decorative fashion on top of the egg mixture.
- Place the quiche in the middle of the oven and bake for 30 minutes, until the mixture is firm to the touch.
Serve with creamy mashed potato, green side salad and a tomato salsa. The quiche should serve 4-6 people.