Elle’s Honeycomb Sauce
- Gently heat the honeycomb in a saucepan over a low heat, until it melts and becomes a smooth, glossy liquid.
- Pour in the milk or cream (I used semi-skimmed milk) and stir until combined.
- Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract, and stir in. Taste, being careful not to burn yourself. You can add more vanilla at this stage until you achieve the taste you require. But be aware, if you are using this sauce over strong tasting vanilla icecream, you may wish to leave the amount of extract as is.
Serve warm over icecream, or cool and store in the fridge until required. Great over chocolate icecream too, or as a dip for biscuits.
I didn’t use cream, as I thought with all that sugar, glucose syrup and calories, you have to show goodness somewhere! 🙂 As the trend for salted caramel is still strong, why not add 1/2 tsp of sea salt to the mixture, instead of extra vanilla. Yum!
If you are still feeling a little guilty, a drizzle of this sauce works wonders over fresh apple, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries.
Have a go, and let me know what you think. Thanks
- If I had a hammer … Take 3 ingredients: Honeycomb – Recipe (busyellebee.wordpress.com)
- My little treat (or what to do with failed honeycomb) (busyellebee.wordpress.com)