This is a simple ‘dunk all in a pan and go’ recipe, which will allow you time to prepare other dishes for your bonfire party. This recipe is meant to serve 4, but if you use small cups, you could serve this drink as you would a hot punch to more people.
- 1.5 litres ginger beer
- 750 ml orange juice
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest
- 1 large orange, juice and zest
- 2 shots orange liqueur (I used Cointreau) (optional)
- 2 long cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 1⁄4 tsp grated nutmeg
- 12 cloves
- 5 star anise
- 2.5cm fresh ginger, grated
- Pour all the ingredients into a large saucepan, and bring to a rapid boil.
- Remove from the heat, and set aside for a few minutes to allow all the flavours to infuse.
- Serve in mugs or heat proof glass cups.
I found this drink surprisingly sweet, but if your tooth is sweeter than mine, you can add some honey or even a drop of maple syrup for extra depth of favour. This is a great recipe to welcome your guests with, and the forth coming Winter season.
Food ~ Photography ~ Music ~ Design ~ Life
Recipe Developer | Photographer | Music Producer | Designer | Blogger
If you would like to know more about BusyElleBee, please click the link BusyElleBee
If you would like to know more about Recipe Development, Photography, Music Production, Design or would like an exclusive BusyElleBee guest post for your blog, please click BusyElleBee
If you wish to contact BusyElleBee, please click