This recipe is for when you have unexpected guests and nothing in the fridge but half a pomegranate, a tub of coconut yogurt and some packet meringues laying about. Super quick to make, looks impressive and could save you a lot of hassle. It also makes half a pomegranate go a long way!
Coconut and Pomegranate Meringue Nests
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 8 heaped tablespoons coconut yogurt
- 4 meringue nests
- pomegranate syrup (optional)
- icing sugar for dusting.
- Place a meringue nest on a serving plate.
- Fill the cavity of each nest with 2 heaped tablespoons of yogurt.
- If using, drizzle some of the pomegranate syrup over the yogurt.
- Sprinkle a few pomegranate seeds over the nests.
- Dust each meringue nests with a little icing sugar.
- Serve immediately.
- Golden Meringues – recipe (busyellebee.wordpress.com)