As part of the Monthly Food Theme, I have devised a recipe using blood oranges. Blood oranges have as a the name suggests, a reddish hue, which differs from the ‘orange’ orange most people are used to. If you have never tried them before, have ago. If you can’t get hold of blood oranges, don’t worry, ordinary oranges will work with this recipe.
- 1 Blood orange, segmented, plus any juice
- 1/4 teaspoon orange flower water
- 1teaspoon honey
- 3 rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 6 heaped tablespoons of natural thick plain or vanilla yogurt
- In a small bowl add the orange flower water, juice from the orange, honey and rosemary to form the dressing.
- Add the orange segments and gently toss in the dressing, ensuring that all the segments are coated.
- Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Divide the yogurt equally between 2 serving dishes.
- Top each serving with the dressed orange and serve.
Great as a breakfast dish or as a light, refreshing dessert. You can add more or less honey to taste, or crumble a meringue, sprinkle over some brown sugar or even some biscuit crumbs for crunch. Quick, simple and delicious. If you try this recipe, please let me know what you think. Thanks.