Just in time for St Patrick’s day, a reblog of my recipe for soda bread, enjoy!
Here’s another soda bread recipe, this time using wholewheat flour instead of white flour. The result has a more nutty flavour, but be extra careful not to over the mix the dough, to avoid a tough bread.
Oh and this is also another excuse to make butter and buttermilk. 🙂
Quick Wholewheat Soda Bread
- 300g wholewheat spelt flour
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup/250ml buttermilk (see butter recipe for details)
- Gather all your ingredients together, you will need to work fast.
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 8. Place an empty baking sheet or tray in the oven to warm up.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Pour in the buttermilk into the well, and quickly mix the ingredients together. As soon as the mix is well combined, turn out the wet, sticky dough onto a well…
View original post 141 more words