Elle’s Sweetcorn Focaccia – recipe
- 350 g strong white bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 150 g corn meal
- 1 sachet dried yeast
- 1 tablespoon golden caster sugar
- 300 ml water, lukewarm
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn (or mexicorn)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- pinch of sea salt flakes
- Place all the dry ingredients in a stand mixing bowl. Using a dough hook attachment, process the ingredients on a low setting.
- Slowly pour the water in to the dry mix until well combined, then add the sweetcorn. This should take about 10 minutes on a slow speed.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and set aside in a warm place, covered with cling film for at least 30 mins or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Remove the dough and place in a large, oil greased baking tin. Spread the dough out, making sure it reaches the corners of the tin.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the dough, then sprinkle over the sea salt.
- Set aside in a warm place to allow the dough to rise again for 20 mins. Pre- heat the oven to Gas mark 7.
- After the second rise, bake the bread in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Elle’s Four Seasons Focaccia – recipe (busyellebee.wordpress.com)