Frangipane is a delicious almond based paste used in a variety of desserts, such as pies and flans. Please try my variation on the classic recipe, and let us know how you get on.
- 4oz unsalted butter, softened
- 4oz golden vanilla caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 4oz ground almonds
- 1 heaped tbs plain flour
- 2 tbs amaretto liqueur
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and combine until a smooth paste is formed.
This recipe is enough to fill a large tart base or about 6 small tartlets. You can also add fruit such as apples, blackberries, raspberries or cherries. Check out the Cherry Frangipane tart recipe here.
- Cherry Frangipane Tart (www.busyellebee.wordpress.com)