- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- good pinch of Chinese 5-spice powder
- Pour the coconut milk into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Sift the flour onto the milk, add the Chinese 5-spice powder and mix with a wooden spoon until the ingredients are well combined and forms a slightly sticky dough.
- Place the dough on a floured surface, lightly knead and then form into a log.
- Cut the log into 4 equal sized portions. Roll each portion in your hands until they form a ball shape, then place each ball into doubled up muffin cases.
- Place the buns into a steamer basket, and steam over boiling water for about 10 minutes, until they have puffed up.
Serve warm either as part of a Chinese or Thai based meal, or on their own with a cup of tea!