More recipe testing for the e-book – here’s the result of my madeleine experiment 🙂
Elle’s Lime and Coconut Madeleines
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Lightly coat the madeleine tray using the spray oil then dust with some flour. Tap out any excess over the sink. (Do this even if your pan is non-stick or make of silicone. Trust me, you do not want to skip this bit.)
- Place the eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Using an electric whisk, whisk together the eggs and sugar until frothy and doubled or tripled in volume. Carefully fold in the all the other ingredients, leaving the butter till last. Set aside the batter for 20-30 minutes.
- Place a heaped dessert spoon of the batter into each madeleine cup – I wouldn’t use any more than a heaped dessert spoon, as the batter rises, and the shape of the madeleines may be spoilt. If in doubt, err on the side of caution.
- Bake on the middle oven tray for 8-10 minutes, until the mixture has risen in the middle and golden brown in colour.
- Transfer the madeleines to a wire rack, dome side down, shell pattern side up and leave to cool slightly. These are best eaten warm, but are fine the next day.
More news about my progress with the NaBloPoM and NaNoWriMo challenge to follow. If you would like to join me on this challenge, please drop me a line 🙂
- Elle’s Stem Ginger Scones – recipe (busyellebee.wordpress.com)
- Take 3 ingredients: Elle’s Steamed Coconut Buns – recipe (busyellebee.wordpress.com)