Yes I’m late to this party, but I like to think that I’m doing so fashionably. I will pledge to do the following over the month of May 2014 –
I, Elle of Busy Elle Bee, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May ’14. I endeavour to wear at least 1 item of clothing, self up-cycled clothing, self altered/embellished or use self made items each day for the duration of May 2014.
This is going to be a challenge and a half – but regular readers know I do like a challenge! Here is a list of what I have worn or used, made with my own fair hands over the past week (pictures in due course!):
- 1st – Black and white polka dot “Attack the stash” skirt – worn with white, sleeveless shirt, black jacket and black shoes
- 2nd – Cath Kidston fabric shopping bag
- 3rd – Cath Kidston blue dot cushion cover
- 4th – Up-cycled dress hem turned into a head scarf
- 5th – Headband – made with 100% cotton print fabric
- 6th – Up-cycled dress turned into top – worn with jeans, trainers and cardi.
- 7th – Hobbs ‘Hay’ dress, embellished with Guipure braid
If you would like more information about the Me Made May challenge, check out So, Zo…What Do You Know?’s blog.